Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installing Sold Out Software version of RA2

I can't seem to get this to fly, and I've tried every EXE on the disc.

When it gets to the main install screen, I'm unable to click 'Install' on the lower right of the screen; I get no response.

This is on Crossover Games on Ubuntu 8.10. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Vincent

I must say myself, I've given up trying to install the sold out version off the game, I am sure I did get it to work once though. If I have the chance I'll give it another a go and post back with the results. At the moment there isn't any point installing this game, it works great until you move the mouse. Moving the mouse slows the entire game down to a crawl but if you can work the game without using a mouse your on to a winner, good luck though.

I have the same issue through cxgames 7.2.2 on archlinux x64.
have it running trough wine though by installing it on windows, crack it ande copying it over to linux according to the guide in the winehq. but i wish to get internet play working and that is not possible that way around. has anyone succeeded in getting that working?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYVZFVDJScXByVUNQNVpFQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9