Counter-Strike: Source Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CS:S crashes when starting a game

Hi,

Have a small problem with CrossOver Games Linux 7.2.0. Hopes you can help me.
The installation of Stean worked without problems. Also CS:S can be started quite normally. I also can start a graphic test and get a result after that. Therefore I think all these graphic things work actually.
But if I try to start a server or to join a game, CS:S falls away.It loads up quite normally. It is ending itself at the moment at which the game usually starts. Steam still runs normally after that.

Does anybody have an idea what could have a try or test?

My system:
Kernel: 2.6.29-02062904-generic
Graphic card: GeForce 9500 GT
NVIDIA driver version: 180.53
Compiz is turned off.
System, crossover and steam are fresh installed.

Thank you for every note.
DKP

I had the exact same problem. I fixed it and documented my results here:
http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?ticket_id=743064;list=16;ticket_level=3

Perfect, many thanks 😀

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRlFKZTRTUmNZSlNUNTQycSIsImdkcHIiOjB9