Counter-Strike: Source Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

mouse in css

So,i have css with xover games. I have stable fps and evrything, BUT i cant play the game like i used to play it on a pc. The mouse is just so weird...I play with a microsof inteli mouse..Its like the mouse doenst react normal ingame..Is there an option do delete someting or w/e ?

specs :

macbook pro 3.1
2.2 ghx core 2 duo
8600m gt gfx card
4 gig ram
320gig hd
15" screen

What exactly is it doing that is weird? Is it too sensitive, not sensitive enough, jerky?

just weird,like too slow..

Try playing around with the mouse sensitivity setting, higher numbers mean greater responsiveness, lower numbers mean less responsiveness. Also, if you mouse came with drivers make sure that they are installed.

I am having the exact same problem on my Crossover Games 8.0.0
It didn't start until when I upgraded to Snow Leopard, back in the ol' Leopard it was fine.
Now it's.. well weird, hard to explain you see. It's like unresponsive but then it picks up and goes really fast. So when you start moving it it takes off slowly but when you stop it has picked up, gone really fast across and then stops at the "right" position. It's extremely unnatural. And no, I do not have "smooth mouse" on. And it's not the fps, it's pretty stable. It seems to be the mouse acceleration curve in crossover, well come to think of it, it might have something to do with crossover games getting the mouse data and submitting it to the game..

Sorry, I don't really have any idea how to fix that. If both of you submit a support ticket about this issue it has a very good chance of getting looked at by the Codeweavers Staff. I would strongly advise upgrading to the newest version before submitting a ticket though.

Grétar Jónsson wrote:

I am having the exact same problem on my Crossover Games 8.0.0
It didn't start until when I upgraded to Snow Leopard, back in the
ol' Leopard it was fine.
Now it's.. well weird, hard to explain you see. It's like
unresponsive but then it picks up and goes really fast. So when you
start moving it it takes off slowly but when you stop it has picked
up, gone really fast across and then stops at the "right" position.
It's extremely unnatural. And no, I do not have "smooth mouse" on.
And it's not the fps, it's pretty stable. It seems to be the mouse
acceleration curve in crossover, well come to think of it, it might
have something to do with crossover games getting the mouse data and
submitting it to the game..

Hi,

Please try upgrading to COG-8.1.x and see how that goes,

Cheers!

This sounds like it might just be mouse acceleration. This is controlled by Mac OS X. CrossOver just gets mouse movement events from the OS; the OS determines how much the virtual mouse position changes due to movements of the physical device.

Try going into System Preferences and turning the mouse tracking speed to the lowest. (That really affects acceleration, not speed.)

I bought this crossover games today to play CSS and the mouse just doesn't want to work properly, it likes turning right but not left, it's just not useable, I tried turning the tracking down, but there was no change. I'm sure it used to work when I used it before snow leopard. As it stands it's a waste of money, I would love to get this fixed please.

Best to open a support ticket for this issue. These forums are not our official support mechanism.

That said, you'll want to tell us which version of Snow Leopard you're running. What mouse are you using? Do you use any third-party mouse drivers or mouse configuration software? Do you have any input managers, contextual menu plugins, or haxies installed?

I have been experiencing the same on a general level for some time.

It feels like the mouse movement buffer is being dumped/dropped/overloaded when frame rates are low, so your sensitivity temporarily feels very low.

It is evident in a large map with a decent-sized server on TF2:

• If you face the wall away from the main map area and move your mouse, you get 'correct' movement according to your sensitivity settings. Framerate 80-100+

• If you turn to face the action and move your mouse, your sensitivity feels effectively 10-20x less, according to your actual framerate drop vs the 'baseline' of 80-100fps.

The problem is that the game is still at a very playable framerate (40-50), but the mouse is momentarily much, much less sensitive. When you just get into the heat of battle, your mouse will suddenly behave unpredictably -- and your twitch movements will be molasses.

This leads me to believe that the problem is not sensitivity .. but with mouse movement information being permanently lost, so the sensitivity algorithm has an incorrect measure of time between movement. If we could pinpoint that loss of time between movement, an adjustment algorithm could be created that would make the mouse more 'jumpy' in low frame rate scenarios, but decidedly more accurate according to the user's hand movement.

Jason Fisher
jason.fisher@gmail.com

Has this issue been resolved? I am experiencing the same thing, only in 1.6

I will sit in game making even circles with the mouse, and I will notice on screen that the circles will be small for 3 seconds, then get larger for 3 seconds, and so on. Almost like every 3 seconds, the sensitivity is bumped up and down.

I am running the latest Crossover Games.

1 to 12 of 12

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVk5DdGFLMkx0Q1FBQXRXUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9