Counter-Strike: Source Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Loading ...

When i start steam, it runs without a problem however when i start css it just sits there at the loading screen and nothing happens

Do other steam games work for you?

Please state what OS you are using and the graphic card model of your computer
Thank you ..

I have the same problem...when CSS starts it just sits at the main screen with the word "Loading..." in the bottom right corner and the game menu never pops up. I have to Command-Q to exit the game.

I created an xp bottle, but have no idea how to create/manage a bottle or if this has anything to do with the problem in the first place.
I am using the new Macbook pro (updated April 2010) , 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 , Nvidia Geforce 320M video card, and Mac OSX 10.6.3

which Version Of CrossoverGames are you using ?

Amd 64-bit dual core 2.6ghz, Ubuntu Maverick-64 bit, Crossover Games 9.2.0 from debian package install, latest proprietary Nvidia drivers.

Runnning into the same problem. Steam runs great, torchlight runs great, both tf2 and css look as though they are going to load, wait a few seconds and then the processor goes back to idle with no program loaded. I checked with the system monitor and hl2.exe runs for about 2 seconds before closing. No error messages.

Video card is XFX gefore 7600gt 256mb

Just noticed the official patch at
http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/CXGamesApp_SteamSourceGames

David Weathers wrote:

Just noticed the official patch at
http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/CXGamesApp_SteamSourceGames

You should probably just try 9.2.1 by itself first ;)

Hi,
I have the same problems with Crossover Games 10
If I try to start CSS there is only a Loading... screen
Other Steam Games like CS 1.6 are running perfect.
System:
archlinux 64 Bit
Intel i5 3 Ghz
catalyst 11.2-1

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiN2U5cFpFbjZiYWJDYktHNCIsImdkcHIiOjB9