Counter-Strike: Source Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

10.6.3 Software Update Killing my FPS

10.6.3 Update Killed framerates???

Well I have been trying to figure out what happened, but ever since Tuesday CSS took a major dump on me.
FPS dropped by 50% and I couldn't figure out what it was. Then I remembered 10.6.3 and its Open GL updates. Thinking that maybe those updates messed with CXG??? anyone else having isssues.

Well, it's definitely possible that the driver has acquired new bugs.

On the other hand, it was supposed to get additional features (support for more OpenGL extensions). This may have a) enabled more features, so the game may have shifted to higher graphics settings; or b) given CrossOver/Wine more options in how to translate from Direct3D to OpenGL, some of which may actually be slower for that particular driver even though they are theoretically a better match.

The first thing I'd check is if CS:S has switched which DirectX level (dxlevel) and/or which video settings it's using.

Hi. I have the same problem.

I had been playing CS:S on my Macbook (aluminium unibody, late 2008 version, nvidia 9400 graphics board) on OS X Leopard 10.5.8, CX Games 9.0. CS:S had approximately 49-50 FPS with the default settings the game came up with on a 1680 x 1050 external display.

Today I installed Mac OS X 10.6.3 from scratch (**backed up everything and formatted the disk), and have a clean install. After restoring my bottles from the archives and started playing I noticed a 50% slowdown. On the same resolution, same video settings for the source engine, I get only between 23 and 24 FPS.

Do we have to modify anything or is this a known problem for 10.6.3? Any ideas to troubleshoot? Most likely the new drivers are to be blamed, but wanted to be sure.

Thanks.
//
Carlos.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNkx3Unh1MnF2OHpXVG5WUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9