EVE Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

[EVE Online] - Macbook Pro M1 (Big Sur 11.1)

Purchased Crossover 20, installed EVE (from Steam).
Working like a charm.

I've run into trouble lately on my MacBook Air M1, Big Sur 11.2.1 and EVE through CrossOver 20.0.4.

It used to work flawlessly (except for some lighting issues). But in the last two days (NO changes to the OS!) the launcher started having issues. Rarely it works, but most often it's not. The launcher window will not open directly. The EVE menu will show up in the menu bar, and you can right-click on it to select its menu items, which actually works. Still no launcher window. Sometimes it comes up in the form of a small light gray pane, where you can see the EVE menu and the minimize and close buttons. Minimizing works, but not closing. You can click on the Server Listing menu item and the window will pop up, allowing you to start the client on Tranquility. But you can no longer log in through the client, so you're stuck.

Anybody have seen this before? I tried the usual things (deleting preferences, the tq-folder, checking network connections) and everything looks just fine. I see no issues in the launcher log, except that it is stuck at a certain point.

I've run out of options. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Hi there,

Does a fresh install fix the issue? If not, it's possible that a launcher update is causing issues with wine :/

Best,
Meredith

[EVE Online] - Macbook Pro M1 (Big Sur 11.3.1)

Eve Launcher will not start properly for me on Mac M1 with Crossover (20.0.4) and Eve Launcher V1892908. It hangs on startup after CCP logo displays. My workaround is to bring up options of the Eve Launcher located on the Mac menu bar (App Menu icon) and select show in Exploer Launcher logs option. This pops up the Crossover launcher displaying the bottle filetree. Force Quit the hung Eve Launcher. Then in the Crossover launcher successfully start the Eve Launcher by navigating the filetree to My Computer, drive_c, EVE, Launcher and run evelauncher.exe. Can this be fixed so I the Eve Launcher will just start without all this extra work? Thx!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzE1NzkzNDc5LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWFBBa3dUQ3FTWDl1Z2F3ciIsImdkcHIiOjB9