Pharaoh + Cleopatra Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installed and plays great.

Using just the standard CD version of the original Pharaoh, I was able to get it working perfectly under CX 7.1.1. I also installed the "Enchancement Pack" which updated the application to version 1.2. Works fine with the CD in the drive.

Sound in Pharaoh doesn't work with just the plain installer. Well, it works during install, but not during game play. This is true for both Crossover for Mac, Crossover Games, and win2k installed in Parallels.

Installed the enhancement pack -- had to search Google because the original download link shuffles over to Activision which had no trace of Pharaoh anywhere. Sound worked after that.

Going into the display settings and trying to put it into windowed mode (not full screen) causes it to show a "Cannot set Windows mode" error message. It also seems to be firmly fixed to a 4:3 aspect ratio, as were most games back then.

It runs fine with either the original CD or an ISO image mounted on the desktop. It will not run without one of those though.

On my computer the game (including sound) worked straight out of the box, and I think that's because I installed with a newer SoldOut version of the game.

This worked out of the box for version 7.1.1 but now that I've upgraded to 7.2.0 it's stopped working! I don't need anything from the new version so I'm going to go back if I can...

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeaver's Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Yeah, I'm also staying at 7.1.1 because of some older games that stopped working too.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeaver's Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Please open support tickets for regressions (where something that used to work in one version of CrossOver stops working in a later version). That helps us track such issues and gives us a convenient channel through which to exchange diagnostic information. Thanks!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUnFFSmdacVhwVk05S2dGVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9