Ragnarok Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

iRO errors (detailed)

Hey,
so yesterday I downloaded the iRO client, then I went through all the steps shown on this guide. The first error happened after the client installer happened. I kept getting a message saying that the client had installed, but Crossover's progress bar didn't go to the end and I had the options of either canceling the download, trying again, or skipping the step. The first time I waited for about 30 minutes, and still no progress. Then I kept pressing try again, and each time, iRO kept re-installing. Finally, I pressed skip this step.

The second error happened when I tried to open the app called Ragray Folder that had the wine icon. I got the errors "file not found" and "there is no windows program configured to open this type of file. Strange. I assumed that this is how Crossover Games set the game up to played.

After patching for 8 hours and playing around, I discovered how to open the C: Drive in the finder. I went to the ragray folder where there were a bunch of exe files, and I tried each one. The only ones that seemed to work were the Ragnarok.exe files. I clicked those, and I got some korean text, but after trying all of the options, I got one that initialized hackshield (which usually means that the program is about to start). I egt a message that says Ragnarok.exe has changed, press Okay to restart. I press okay, hackshield runs, then i get image
I click okay and the little Ragnarok window with korean text closes.

To try to fix this, I went to one of the tickets that told someone to check their internet connection (mine is fine) and install a new registry file in their bottle, which I did (before I did it, I couldn't even get the korean-texted window to open).

So I've exhausted all of my options and I really need help. Switching to a Mac has been great, and if I could just get this one game to work, I'd be content.

edit: i installed a 2010 torrent of iro (since downloading from the site takes an extremely long time) and now that I think about it, that might have been a possible source of error on my part. I will try it to see how it works, but in the meantime, these problems mentioned above still exist. Thanks

actually, i've fixed this problem lol. sorry

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiR3pteG1LaGJlTHBQR0dQYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9