Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

screen stuck in top left corner

whenever I launch the game, the screen is tiny and stuck on the top left corner. how can I fix this?

How are you running the game? At the moment the only way to run it is via Steam.

Did you figure this out? I think I'm having the same issue. I'm playing through Steam. I also opened a new thread for this since it has been a while since anyone commented here.

I was able to fix this by going into the game folder.
star Wars - The Old Republic/swtor/retailclient/client_defaults.ini

and changing fullscreen to false

FullScreen=false

after was able to pass the loading screen

This happens when you have multiple monitors connected.

You can edit the file as stated above, or you can disconnect external monitors and close Steam. Then re-open steam and it should launch correctly as well.

I recommend setting the game into windows mode, and once you do. You can then have multiple monitors enabled and have it as a window on a secondary monitor, or in a window on the Mac display but not scaled up to the full resolution.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNjlWaFdYNXk4UWJzclcyYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9