Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

SWTOR: Infinite load screen in top-left corner

Hello,

I'm new to Crossover, so I'm very unfamiliar with how it works and how to troubleshoot it. I'm trying play SWTOR. I'm playing through Steam as that seems to be the way to go. I thought I had it working this morning and even played the opening few minutes of the game. Now it's back to popping up a frozen load screen that is partially minimized in the top-left corner of my screen. The only way out of that seems to be to force quit the game. I can't find a fix anywhere online, but I've seen recent comments in various places saying that it is running well for people. If anyone can point me towards a fix I would really appreciate it.

I'm on a 2020 Macbook Air. M1 chip. Big Sur.

• Thanks

Update: I've managed to get into the game three times out of the many that I've attempted. Two of those times I was able to select a character, press play, and go to a load screen. The load bar got about half-way through and then the game froze. The third time the same thing happened, except in addition to freezing it popped up an error notificiation that said something about "bugsplat". Sorry, I didn't think to write down the actual error code. Other than those three times, its been as described in the original comment.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUDZXMkNBZm5wUkJrOGd5ZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9