Torchlight II Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mountain Lion, random crashes

I just finished upgrading to a new MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion. About after an hour or so of gameplay the game would random freeze, then immediately crash.

On my older MacBook Pro running Lion I had next to no issues running Torchlight 2. When upgrading to the new machine I used the Migration Assistant, so that could have caused an issue as well.

I've just turned on the "Log and report usage statistics", so hopefully that will help CodeWeaver track down what might be causing this issue.

I'm having the exact same problem. New MacBook pro, Migration Assistant, random crashing, etc. One weird thing I noticed was that playing my Berserker I'll crash every 10 minutes, while my Engineer can go an hour or more. It's so strange.

I thought it was an overheating problem at first, so I used smcFanControl to double my minimum fan speed. That might have helped a little. But really, I'm at a loss.

Once I fixed the video memory problem and turned off shadows, it worked reliably for me until the game update on Oct 20. That's also the date when I finished the first area, so I don't know if my problem is caused by the new area or the update.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTEdxWkFMYktYVlZDZTdTYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9