World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Warcraft 3 Black screen on launch

I've tried using “-windowmode windowed”, specifying OpenGL, setting Battle.net to close on launch, nothing helps...
Ubuntu 22.04 with an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060
I can hear the menu drop down, and the background music, the game is running, I just can't see it.

I would be happy to buy crossover if I could get this to work...

Hi, I am a Crossover Lifetime user. I am facing the same problem. I had managed to fix it on Lutris but I forgot how I did it. I changed the compatibility settings to Windows 7 but it did not help. Please help, I am quite sure there is a fix.

Michael Cole wrote:

I've tried using “-windowmode windowed”, specifying OpenGL, setting Battle.net to close on launch, nothing helps...
Ubuntu 22.04 with an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060
I can hear the menu drop down, and the background music, the game is running, I just can't see it.

I would be happy to buy crossover if I could get this to work...

if you are still having issues with the black screen there is an article in the tips and tricks regarding this.
https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/world-of-warcraft/black-screen-only-sound-works

Just checking to see if you guys installed the nvidia drivers on your system?
you do need to reboot to get them to activate.

Here are some useful things to try, i recommend looking at the VideoPciDeviceID, VideoPciVendorID portion of the page.

https://wiki.winehq.org/Useful_Registry_Keys

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVk51WXhVNFVNRzVTaGViVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9