CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

SC2 Beta

Hey guys

I am just trying out cross over for the first time, because the Starcraft 2 Beta is not yet available for mac. I also own several pc games, but that's beside the point.

I have crossover open and whatnot, and I try to use the Blizzard Downloader for SC2, which is available only in .exe at this time. It tells me I need a Destination Directory, and prompts me to select a location. But whatever location I choose, it says Invalid Path Chosen! Please choose again.

Any help you guys could provide would be splendid, I've been waiting to play this since Blizzcon 08.

Thanks!

I have been trying for 2 hours already. Nothing seems to work :(

http://twitpic.com/165ntg
http://twitpic.com/165o9s

Don't worry, soon it will be solved, Blizzard will release the Mac client shortly and as of now, I am not sure how to run the PC Client.

IVE BEEN TRYING TO GET THIS TO WORK FOR 14 HOURS OVER THE PAST TWO DAYS! /endrant

I get the exact same error, if you find a way around it please let me know.

according to the press release Star Craft 2 beta should be supported in the new CX games 9:
[link=http://www.codeweavers.com/about/general/press/20100512/][/link]

But I just installed it (after uninstalling the beta of cx games 9), and Star Craft 2 beta doesn't seem to be in the list of supported games.

Does it work?

We have a bit of work to do to update Star Craft 2's status in the Compatibility Center, but the short story is: just install it using "Other Application". It should work without any special steps.

Ken Thomases wrote:

We have a bit of work to do to update Star Craft 2's status in the
Compatibility Center, but the short story is: just install it using
"Other Application". It should work without any special steps.

That is a bit odd... Going to fire up CXGames 9.0 this evening and see how SC2 performs under it verses my patched Wine 1.1.44

~Jeff

SC2 does not seem to work in CX games 9.
The game just crashes when trying to start it.

Also installing the patches results in a warning that you can click away, but that may be part of the problem.

Bernard wrote:

Also installing the patches results in a warning that you can click
away, but that may be part of the problem.

Those messages are not the issue, they happen under a patched Wine version as well and the game still runs fine there.

~Jeff

ok, but does SC2 beta work for you under CX games 9?

Bernard wrote:

ok, but does SC2 beta work for you under CX games 9?

I can confirm that SC2 does not work under CXGames 9.0. With a default WinXp bottle it crashes out when trying to load. I did however get a vista bottle setup with some extra packages where it attempts to load the game but hangs at the startup screen :-/

Shame they listed it in the release announcement, false advertising really.

~Jeff

[/quote]

I can confirm that SC2 does not work under CXGames 9.0. With a default WinXp bottle it crashes out when trying to load. I did however get a vista bottle setup with some extra packages where it attempts to load the game but hangs at the startup screen :-/

Shame they listed it in the release announcement, false advertising really.

~Jeff[/quote]

This is my fault. We had SC2 working in early betas, and something broke it as we went to release. I didn't realize that, and when asked, I told the marketing folks that it worked great. We're working on it as a priority now; I hope we can have a fix soon.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback Jeremy -- the Steam release of Genesis_Rising
also started working sometime during beta and then stopped working again.
Hopefully the two issues are related...see what happens after the dust settles..

Cheers!

Is there a solution to the problem? I would like to play SC2 on linux if at all possible.

1 to 14 of 14

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMnJaQUpRbTYzS1ZhYWdFTSIsImdkcHIiOjB9