CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't start any game: CrossOver Evaluation Version Error

Hi,

I installed CrossOver XI replacing my CrossOver Games. On first run I let it move itself into the program folder, update the old bottles and registered it. So far so good. Testing it with RIFT and WoW it worked so far - got some display issues with RIFT.

Next time I launched CO and started RIFT CO caused a kernel panic. After restarting my Mac I get always the following error:

CrossOver Evaluation Version
Could not determine installation date. Please uninstall CrossOver and reinstall it again.

I moved CO to the trash, cleared it and installed CO new. Still getting this error.

Kind regards,
Juergen

OS X 10.6.8
MacBook Pro Core i7
16GB RAM

Small update on this - after reinstalling CO for a few times and deleting /Users/xxxxx/Library/Caches/CrossOver, Rift is working fine for me again, STO starts fine but stop loading at the Federation loading screen.

Only WoW (latest version 4.3.3) is getting still this error.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWlhROThublRFNDlzV0JjaCIsImdkcHIiOjB9