One of the beauties of the open source movement is that it
doesn't revolve strictly around money. Dedicated, talented
individuals who are willing to contribute their time to projects
can get things done, too, and help out the community as a whole.
That's a principle that CodeWeavers strongly believes in.
Here at the Compatibility Center, we're looking for similarly
talented individuals who have a passion to see their favorite
Windows applications running on Mac or Linux under CrossOver.
Advocates (as we refer to them) are the focal points for the
mini-communities we create around applications. Advocates
help other users by dispensing their knowledge about their favorite
operating systems and CrossOver. They help CodeWeavers by testing
their favorite applications on CrossOver. And they help themselves
by helping their applications run better as a result of their good
Advocates receive certain benefits from CodeWeavers, including:
- Free CodeWeavers CrossOver software for as long as you are
a proven advocate.
- Access to nightly builds and beta release versions of CodeWeavers products,
so you'll always have the latest and greatest to play with.
- Access to Advocate only forums, which will give you a better
connection to the developers and management at CodeWeavers.
- Your name listed on this site.
- The ability to earn experience points and achieve ranks. You rank icon will
be displayed on your profile and forum posts.
- Our undying, heartfelt gratitude.
The Stuff Ya Gotta Do...
In return, we require that you do the following:
- Rank how well your application performs in each production
release of CrossOver.
- Submit at least one (1) beta report for each new beta version
of CrossOver, so we can track how well your application works
with a potential new release.
- If you have created a CrossTie file for an application, you must
re-test that CrossTie with new releases of CrossOver to confirm that
it's still working, and submit a rank.
In addition, we love it when Advocates also:
- Spread the word about CrossOver! In our opinion, not enough people know
we exist. We have a set of graphics and tips on how best
to do this.
- Actively monitor the threaded discussions on the application page,
and provide your knowledge to the community.
- Update the Tips & Tricks on the application page to help
other users out.
- Write regression testing scripts to help us guarantee that your
application always functions with the latest and greatest builds of Wine.
We've even been known to send T-shirts and other incredibly valuable
prizes to our best Advocates.
The Stirring Call to Action...
So, you'd like to be an advocate? Here's the deal. We ask you
to understand all the Perks and Responsibilities mentioned above.
Failure to keep up on your obligations runs the risk that we will revoke your
Your request has been recorded. We will be contacting you shortly with more information
on the advocate process.
Our undying gratitude, and a better world for
your favorite Windows applications awaits you.