007 Nightfire Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Works well in Crossover Games 9.2 on Mac OS X 10.6.4

Installation worked fine from the CDs although the eject button in Crossover was required to swap the discs.

Once installed the 1.1 patch installer runs in Crossover OK and was applied successfully. It is then necessary to install the Indeo video codec to play the movies - an installer for this is available online. The game defaulted to 800 x 600 on my Mac and attempting to change the resolution in game would cause the game to lockup. It appears this issue is present for some when running on Windows as well. I was however able to change the resolution to my native widescreen by editing the registry in the bottle following this guide after entering regedit at the run command prompt in the bottle manager:

Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER by clicking on the arrow. From there, expand Software, then Gearbox Software.
Next, click Nightfire.
On the right, you should see a list of values.
One of them is called DisplayWidth and another DisplayHeight.
Double click on DisplayWidth. Set it to Decimal, and then type in the desire setting. Then click OK.
Double click on DisplayHeight. Set it to Decimal, and type in what you want. Click OK and exit from regedit.

The only other issue I can see so far is that FSAA is unavailable despite a setting in game but this is the case with almost everything in Crossover so far.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUVhkSzR6dnZQcjJzZkdwSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9