3ds Max 7 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Great on Ubuntu, suck at Mac os

UBUNTU 10.10 64 bit:

It installs perfectly on ubuntu. Open GL won't work, use directx 9. There re little bugs, but it sees graphic card & works very fast. I wish I could manage to work version 9 as well on ubuntu.

Rank: I have to say silver. There are a little bugs when u re doing animations. it looks like almost all original plugins works well. rendering without a problem.

MAC OS X:

software don't recognises graphic card, also animation screen is hell like buggy, u need to work blindly then refresh page for see what u have done. I believe it's because X11. If 3ds max see the graphic card, I think mac os x will become greatest animation os of all time.

Rank: installs, opens, renders work. Screen & graphic card bug is very bad. but if it's working somehow, I have to say it's bronze(hardly)

The buggy plugin is cmbtex.dlt and it is located in 3D Studio's subfolder stdplugs.

After removing it, 3D Studio Max 7 did run on my ubuntu 10.10 as well. However, I still have trouble with the graphics. The viewports don't refresh in both directX-modes (9 and 8.1). Changing to OpenGL did freeze ubuntu. I'm using an ATI-graphics card on a notebook. The newest directX is installed in crossover already.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWVBrQkNTTWNZNW1DY3djeSIsImdkcHIiOjB9