9Dragons Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Doesn't work

installation works, but nothing else

I want to add to this. (will post details later when I get some more time, plus there are other threads out there on this)

The game itself I believe will work. After the install, if you are to start the ndlauncher.exe, it brings up the startup menu. (configure video options, start the game, etc...)

After you click start, and Game Guard attempts to start up is when the game crashes.

Any game that has Game Guard included DOES NOT work under crossover or wine. This has been known for some time now, and this has some great in depth details over at wine-hq.

Most of the "free" online MMORPG games (lots of double speak there :P) has Game Guard, and these games do not work because of it. (shaiya, last chaos, project torque, 9dragons: just to name a few)

Cheers.

how did you get it this far? i couldn't get it to even run the launcher! i think you may be slightly mistaken on the gameguard issue too, if you run ninedragons.exe it will patch gameguard, there seems to be an issue switching between ndlauncher.exe and ndlauncher2.exe

http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3952

I was able to get the load screen to come up by installing it the "old" way, via the acclaim download and install package manager.

I was not able to get the game to load via the direct download and install.

The launcher for me patched gameguard just fine, as gameguard has not actually "started", it isn't until gameguard actually loads (post update) when the game crashes.

" ------- Comment #17 From Carroll Vance 2007-09-20 18:00:38 -------

Currently it is impossible as the nProtect driver uses mscvrt.dll which cant be
loaded for a strange reason. I have no idea when this will be fixed, but I am
adding the API that gameguard requires. Gameguard is not impossible to run, you
will run just give it some time while wine is growing up."

And then one last bit, http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7923

Cheers.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOHdaVkpiYkFYQVljOGNBUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9