Microsoft Office 2010 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

KMS activation for office 2010

A co-user (thanks Matthias) pointed me towards this link [link=http://www.playonlinux.com/en/topic-9015.html][/link] that shows how to activate office 2010 in crossover. Here is the process (copied from the above link:

There are three different registry entries that have to be added:
Use regedit for this task. It is very important that you do not close this the whole time.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform]

Insert:

"KeyManagementServiceName REG_SZ <Licence server>"

"KeyManagementServicePort REG_SZ <Port of licence server>"

Start MS Office (i.e. Word). Then an additional entry will be automatically created:

Update "regedit" for example by pushing "F5"-key to see this change. Go to

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform]

and insert:

"VLRenewalSchedule REG_BINARY <any value>"

this worked for me

Two thumbs up for this, Dimitrios!!!

I was trying so many things to activate my volume license! And with this method it finally worked.

Thanks a bunch,

Riko

PS: Maybe one should mention, that the default port for the kms server is 1688.

PPS: I found this should go to the Tips&Tricks section, so I added an entry (giving you the proper credit of course:) I hope, you don't mind.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZldIRloyV0VuUWVkUlJVZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9