Ubisoft Connect Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

For Honor Support?

I couldn't find any experiences on the web about the compatibility for the Ubisoft game "For Honor". I saw that the Assassin's Creed games are working so is there a chance that this one will work as well once the fix for Uplay is up?

Many thanks!

Hi James,

Sadly, it looks like the game uses Easy Anti-Cheat. It doesn't currently work on Proton, so unless the developers make changes, it won't work on CrossOver either :/

Best,
Meredith

Meredith, I have read some time ago that Linux developers were developing an anti-cheat kernel module that would work similarly to the Windows module and that would allow wine to run games with these anti-cheats. Also, in the https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/game/guides/os/ site, they claim to officially support Ubuntu Linux. Isn't it possible to use this native Ubuntu anti-cheat to make all these Windows games work? Thanks!

Hi there,

It's up to game developers to allow Easy Anti-Cheat to work with Wine, so it's unfortunately out of our hands.

Best,
Meredith

I don't like things out of our hands, so I decided to create a petition to ask the Easy Anti-Cheat developers to make Wine compatible with it! I ask everybody to sign it and share in your social media, please!

https://chng.it/hNxPGrYxL9

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

I love your enthusiasm! Just to clarify, Epic does now allow Easy Anti-Cheat to run with Wine; the catch is that game developers need to opt into that support for their games: https://dev.epicgames.com/en-US/news/epic-online-services-launches-anti-cheat-support-for-linux-mac-and-steam-deck

Best,
Meredith

Thanks for clarifying, Meredith! So when (if) my petition is successful I'll send the signatures to all developers that use Easy Anti-Cheat, too!

Thanks Meredith for your reply. That is not good to hear...
@Silvio good idea with the petition! I just signed as well. I suggest you also include MacOs in your description since the newly released macbooks are very capable of high-end gaming.

Indeed, you are right, James, I'll see if it is possible to edit the description and include MacOS!

@James Miller, I have successfully edited the petition to include MacOS and already added Ubisoft to the recipients of the petition!

Are you sure that Assassins creed games does work? Bc I'ma purchase one

1 to 11 of 11

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUEZmSHR0UXEzcXVzVk5tRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9