Ubisoft Connect Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Ubisoft Connect encountering an unrecoverable error on startup

A new version of Ubisoft Connect was released today, and after updating, the program will no longer launch (CrossOver Version 22.0.1 (22.0.1.35507) on macOS 12.6.2), displaying a "Ubisoft Connect has detected an unrecoverable error and must shut down" message. The error persists after reinstalling Ubisoft Connect (as an unlisted program, as it no longer appears in the list of applications). Is this a known issue with CrossOver?

Im having the same problem!

Would be also interested in a fix!!

same here.

Hi folks,

We hope to have a fix with the CrossOver 22.1 release, due out later this month.

Best,
Meredith

Thank you for the fast answer. Can I stop my 1 year subscription until its fixed then? Because I use crossover only for ubisoft. And now I cant use anything...

Hi Samuel,

CrossOver isn't a subscription. When you purchase CrossOver +, you get free updates to the newest version for free for a year. So you'll be eligible for CrossOver 22.1 when it releases, plus any other releases that come out within a year of your initial purchase date. You can renew after a year to keep getting the newest versions of CrossOver (and there is a renewal discount), but you'll keep access to older versions of CrossOver even without renewing.

Best,
Meredith

To clarify, since my 12-month CrossOver + support recently expired, I will have to purchase CrossOver + again to use Ubisoft Connect again? (I also only use CrossOver for Ubisoft Connect.) Or are minor version updates possible without CrossOver +?

Hi Nathanael,

Correct, you'll need to purchase CrossOver again to use our 22.1 version.

Best,
Meredith

Having the same issue, is there a ETA for CrossOver 22.1?
Thanks.

Same issue here. Could it be solved as a quick fix instead of including it on a release?

For anyone looking for a temporary fix, I tried the solution in this Reddit thread, and it seems to be working for now. You'll need to uninstall Ubisoft Connect, then reinstall an earlier version (I downloaded one from this site). Don't launch Ubisoft Connect directly after reinstalling, but find the version.txt file and modify it before launching for the first time.

same problem(

It seems that the latest update (for me today) broke Uplay.
I'm ending up in a recursive endless loop until I kill all processes with kill -9 {pid}.

Nathanael Arkor wrote:

For anyone looking for a temporary fix, I tried the solution in this Reddit thread, and it seems to be working for now. You'll need to uninstall Ubisoft Connect, then reinstall an earlier version (I downloaded one from this site). Don't launch Ubisoft Connect directly after reinstalling, but find the version.txt file and modify it before launching for the first time.

This one worked for me as well for the latest update.

1. Uninstall Ubisoft Launcher
  2. Reinstall Ubisoft Launcher (Remove Checkbox -> Start after intsall)
  3. Edit drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/version.txt
  4. Replace the outdated version number with the latest available version number. (As of today: 10872).
  5. Start Ubisoft Launcher.
  6. Enjoy.

Is there a way to add more debug information to the team to analyze why its crashing?

Hello, is there any solution to the problem at the moment?

I can confirm that this is a WINE-missing-dependicies-thing. I did this with Lutris (a WINE wrapper tailored with games in mind), and got essentially the same response.

I think this may be solved in CrossOver 23, soon to be released. The release notes say, "Fix for UPlay Launcher through Steam".

1 to 17 of 17

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieHg2NUp4dWE3Y2VtR3NHVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9