AccessLaw CalDVD Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

installation and use.

This program also comes on a windows dvd that has the contents of all of the cds on it. I had downloaded and installed crossover Mac. I put the dvd in my disc drive, crossover mac came up as the applicable application. I authorized it to create a new bottle and after about 5 minutes the data file opened. This program is a folio views data base which means that you can do boolean searches . ONe part of it is all California Codes, another part is California cases and another part is california legislation. When you want to open the separate files you need to go into finder and the finder will open it using Crossover Mac, If you switch between the codes and the cases once they are open, you need to stay in the Win envirronment and pull down the windows menu which is in the CAlDisk DVD file already open. You will find that it runs as other folio databases do-- you do a search using key words, it will pull up cases or codes containing those words. You can copy and paste from the Caldiscdvd window to a Mac based word processing window. This is mainly an application for lawyers. It is very nice to be able to have what amounts to a California law library on your laptop. It never fails to impress other attorneys. The advantage of the DVD is that it appears to allow you to search all of the cases infobases at once.-- That is there is an infobase for each of Cal 4th, Cal 3rd and CAl 2nd as well as cal app 4th etc. With the dvd you can do a search in all of the infobases at once. So far the only problem encountered is that sometimes when I type in a search there is a 2 or 3 second delay in the words appearing on the screen.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoielltYVlkd1RGTTdDcHRyVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9