Adobe Acrobat 5 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Acrobat 5.0.5 installed OK but issues are ...

I've sucessfully installed Acrobat 5.0.5 with Xover 2.1.0

The app starts fine from the desktop icon created by the installer. However printing spits out Postscript from my printer and saving a document crashes the application.

I had the same experience trying to run it in Xandros 1.0 with an early version of CX. After feeling relieved that I had gotten Acro 5 Full Pack to install and run, my face fell when I tried to save a PDF, which pretty much defeats the purpose.

I just tried installing it in Xandros 2.0 with CX 2.1.0., hoping that Acro 5 would run better in the newer version of CX, but the result was still the same.

Incidently, toward the end of the setup, I got the msg:

An error appears to have occured during the installation. For more details see
'/.cxoffice/dotwine/fake_windows/Windows/Temp/cxsetup.2004'

This is a CX log file. Looking through the one containing entries for the date I ran Acrobat Setup, I do find an error reference, probably meaningful to a WINE developer, but not to me.

To get Acrobat 5 full version to run you must delete DOCBOX.API in:
/cxoffice/dotwine/fake_windows/Program Files/Adobe 5.0/Acrobat/Plug_ins/Intertrust
(the location that CX Office Setup used as a default when installing it in Xandros 2.0 with CX 2.1.0)

(This instruction originally appeared in the WINE applications database)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieXRhdnlBVXpDWk1xZlpkdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9