Adobe Acrobat 7 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Acrobat 7.05 Reader

I have 7.05 reader working in CX 5.0, if you want to know what I did to get it working let me know.

yeah, i want to know. what'd you do?

This is from memory if it doesn't work ill go through everything here once again
scribble down everything 😊

This is the fast and ugly way to do it btw...

1) install IE in a win98 bottle
2) install IE in a win2k bottle
3) copy all the dlls from the win98 system folder to the win2k system bottle.
You wont need all of them just the missing ones that don't get copied in when IE installs in a win2k install.

4) now if you cd into the ~/.cxoffice/Unsupported/drive_c/Program Files/Internet Explorer and run : ~/cxoffice/bin/wine --verbose --bottle "Unsupported" IEXPLORE.EXE

You will get one error (ICFGNT.DLL) not found.... Dont worry about this error, IE should run like a charm.

Now install acrobat reader 7.05 into the win2k bottle and it should "just work"

Tom

worked for me. i'll also note that i was able to open DRM'd ebook files, which is the only reason i wanted the windows version of reader since the linux version doesnt support DRM. cheers.

Looks like a chaos.
How do You know, that after copy of all dll from win98 to win2000 bottle win2000 dlls will not be overwritten ? Will it be really win2000 bottle after this copy ?
Perhaps the list of missing dlls would be a more useful information.

What concerns point 4 : You said that You have copied to win2000 bottle and suddenly You run everything from Unsupported bottle ?
Perhaps You have copied everything to Unsupported bottle ?

Andrzej

I said it was the fast and ugly way of doing it ....

The unsupported bottle is a win2k template bottle. And Its name is just Unsupported, you can name it anything you want as far as that goes.

As for the dll copy and list:
Dont overwrite the dlls that are already there.
And there was only one missing dll that kept IE from rendering the last time I checked. But it cant hurt anything to also copy in the other dlls.

And last but not least its a "Unsupported" bottle, if it croaks just rm -rf it. 😊

Tom

just use cp -u to copy only the missing dll's. if you installed the win2k bottle after everything in the default win98 bottle, it wont override the win2k dll's since they're newer.

just for the records: Acrobat 7.05 Reader is a different product from Acrobat 7.05 (what this entry is about). The reader is the ordinary reader product whereas Acrobat 7.05 lets you create and edit PDF files.

I tried this procedure on 7.0 from a cd. The IE part worked but, I had the same problem described below about clicking on next and having nothing happen. Is your procedure only for 7.05 or is there another issue here?

Same thing here. I tried the procedure of copying -u the .dlls, but with 7.0 and crossover 5.0.0 (I can't get 5.0.1, despite paying for support) it is still stuck on the "Welcome" dialog.

So maybe we need to find 7.05.

Well, CodeWeavers provided a quick fix to my problem finding CXOffice 5.0.1 (I had two logins) but that isn't the fix for installing Acrobat 7.0. on my computer.

I see that there are updates to Acrobat on Adobe's web site (updating the software to 7.0.5 and 7.0.7), but you need to install 7.0 to use them. Perhaps the persons here that have had success installing are using a CD of version 7.0.5. Or maybe I have an entirely different problem.

1 to 11 of 11

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieEdkZ3JRVGNMUmVGeHhKZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9