Adobe FrameMaker 7.1 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Font viewing?

I've just started my testing of FM 7.1 under Ubuntu Warty release.

I was able to install without problems. My testing is a bit limited, though, since I'm not an experienced Linux user. I've run into the following issues:

1. XOver 4.2 "hides" the rest of my Linux environment from me. If I try to access files that are at levels higher than my installation directory, I simply can't see them from the File > Open dialog.

2. My fonts are not appearing natively in the display. This is quite possibly a Linux issue, or possibly a XOver configuration issue that I don't yet know how to address.

3. I need to convert my Windows files over to Linux character set.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV3VnSHVrTUVSUGRkNkhuRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9