Adobe FrameMaker 7.1 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Newest Crossover

No one has posted on this so I though I might be able to save someone else the trouble FrameMaker still doesn't work under CrossOver, at least not for me as I have the disappearing font problem. If anyone else is having success on the Mac please mention it, CrossOver is useless to me without FrameMaker support.

We have an open ticket on that. We know about this issue, and are working on it.

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?ticket_id=108544

I wrote this up on FM 7.0. I assume it'll work on 7.1, but havn't tested it on 7.1.

There's an issue in the 6.0.0 release with all the fonts disappearing the second (and all subsequent) run of Framemaker 7.0. Codeweavers is aware of it. To get it to work, you can delete a .ini file that happens to let initialize correctly. The path below is for Framemaker installed in a "win98" bottle for a user install - you'll have to modify appropriately if your setup is different

~/.cxoffice/win98/drive_c/windows/profiles/crossover/Application\ Data/Adobe/FrameMaker/7.0/maker.ini

I've got a script file that deletes it that I execute before running FM. Good luck.

This bug has been fixed. I am running FrameMaker on CrossOver v8.0.3 without any issues.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ3FWdVBLcG12Rm5DUzRaWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9