Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Save for web feature
Anonymous

Hi! I tried to use the "save for web" feature and it refuses to do anything, it just doesn't make anything, doeas anyone has solved this problem?

I too experience this problem. Is there anything we can do to help debug this?

I don't think, the save for the web feature seems to use components not supported in codeweaver's wine release (crossover office), and also memory threads a little bit insane in my point of view.
So, maybe it will be supported in new releases, but for now, it don't work, and it's a known issue... unfortunately...

Hey guys, save for the web works perfectly on Crossover Office v3.0 ! 😉

Anonymous

Save for web does nothing for me.

I'm using Crossover Office v3.0 Standard (demo version) over Conectiva Linux 9.0. My kernel is 2.6.6.

Any suggestion?

Anonymous

I have the same problem with the "save for web" function. I have a work around that usually works. In stead of launching PShop from the windows application I go into CrossOver's Office setup and then go to menus tab and click on the icon of PS. It works that way almost every time.

I know its the long way around.

Fedora core 2
Photoshop 7.0
CXOffice 3.0

I found that this solution does merit investigation. I too tried "Save for Web..." from starting Photoshop with the link in "Windows Applications" menu, and it did not work, however, upon starting Photoshop from the "Menu" tab of CXOffice Setup, it worked perfectly, without a hitch. I tried this a few times to insure it wasn't just a rare thing, and it worked everytime for me.

System Specs:
FC2 w/ many updates from multiple repositories (Dag, FreshRPMs, KDE-RedHat.org, etc.)
Kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2 (stock, no modifications)
KDE 3.3.2
CXOffice 4.1.0 (I didn't have a chance to test this on 3.0.1.)

Chris

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibUpWN0tkY1RyOVpnUkY3ZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9