Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Photoshop 7 in CXOffice 3

I finally tested PS7 against CXOffice 3.0 Professional release version. I am using Fedora Core 2 Test 3 (patched to latest RPMs w/exec-shield/prelink disabled). Many things were fixed. Other things were still broken. The biggest fixes were being able to tab between text fields, improved speed in some areas, and being able to minimize a PSD window (although this is still wrong behavior compared to Win2k/XP).

Bugs for me:

• Save for web doesn't work (regardless of the --cx-app switch). It does nothing.
  • Font sizes are still off in some dialog boxes.
  • Help menu doesn't launch. (I posted a work around in Tips & Tricks)
  • Going full screen using the full screen button doesn't make the app go full screen.
  • Can't resize resizable toolbars in three corners, only on bottom-right corner if it has a hash mark.
  • Sometimes the docked header toolbar doesn't take input on text fields. Have to right-click>copy on text field, then type again to force input.
  • Right-clicking the toolbar of a loaded PSD to bring out a fly-out menu, requires clicking several times to make it appear. It should appear on the first click.
  • Minimizing a loaded PSD, minimizes to an icon (Better since CXOffice 2.1 didn't do anything). Clicking on the minimized icon, immediately brings up a fly-out menu, with "Put Debug mark in debug log" selected (probably due to the pointer immediately above the link). This is not the same behavior in Windows. It should minimize to a small rectangle with the first few characters of the PSD's file name. Minimizing many PSDs should stack against each other in rows. Since they are rectangles, it's neat and saves space. As icons, many minimized windows don't stack and take up more space.
  • When the app is maximized, there is a huge gray 12 pixel space on the right size of the window from the top to the bottom. It's gray and when the pointer is over it, it shows a left-right resize arrow. Pressing the left-mouse-button and dragging does nothing.

Unsupported Bugs (These are updates available from Adobe's website for the English verison of PS7.0):

• Photoshop 7.01 updater doesn't work. When installing, it errors and complains it can't find the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0 folder, even though it is installed and pointing the correct folder. I posted a hack in the Known Issues section.
  • Installing the "Ignore EXIF Color Space Utilities" fix from the Adobe PS7 support section requires one to enter registry key values using *.reg files. There is no procedure (at least in the CXSetup GUI) to enter these registry key fixes.

CXOffice Bug:

• Sometimes a radio button changes into a push button. This happens inconsistently.

Joe

I just ran through the app trying to duplicate the bugs you've noted here.

I was definitely able to duplicate some of the bugs. Save For Web does not work. (This is a HUGE problem.) Also, as you note, the Help menu doesn't launch. And the file-minimizing behavior is indeed different from the Windows version.

However, I didn't have any problem with installing the 7.01 update. (Crossover 3; Mandrake 10.) Nor did I encounter the 12-pixel grey space problem when maximizing the app.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTkJmd0FDcEFnMnR0ZmJjciIsImdkcHIiOjB9