Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

text tool font error

So others can learn from my tribulations.......

I just did a clean install of Mandrake 10, Crossover 3, and Photoshop 7, and I ran into the following error when I tried to use the text tool in Photoshop:

"Could not complete your request because a default system font could not be obtained."

The solution, tech support clued me in, is to install the Microsoft core fonts from the Crossover Office Setup program.

Easy enough, but the computer I'm running Mandrake on has no internet connection at the moment, and the setup program tries to download the MS core fonts from the web. Here's the way around this...

Get to a machine with a internet connection, and go here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=34153&package_id=56408

This is where the setup program tries to get the MS core fonts from. Download the exe packages, and burn 'em to a CD. Copy them to your Linux box. Run the office setup program, click on the "Fonts" tab, and click on the "Add a font..." button. Pick one of the MS core fonts from the list, and click "Next". Then, instead of "Express Install" (which tries to connect to the internet), select "Advanced Install", and locate the corresponding exe file. Bingo. Repeat as necessary.

Cheers.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoickFYRnV4WTJ5d0V3NlcycSIsImdkcHIiOjB9