Adobe Photoshop CS4 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

I could not install winetricks

I could not install winetricks on any of my bottles. How can you do that?! I searched on google for this but it returned no results...

That's a 'geek area' 😎

http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks

WineTricks shouldn't be necessary.

Most of those functions should be available from the crossties installer.

Gecko is labeled "Crossover-Browser" most of the other ones are under their regular names. Tahoma isn't available last I checked, but you can use a substitution in the registry.

I tried to
WINEPREFIX=~/.cxoffice/PhotoshopCS4andDAZ winetricks msxml6 gdiplus gecko vcrun2005sp1 ie6 colorprofile fontsmooth-rgb atmlib allfonts tahoma fontfix winxp
to install the required packages into my crossover bottle (where I currently try to install CS4 trial to test the 3D bridge to DAZ Studio 4.5). And get:
wine cmd.exe /c echo '%ProgramFiles%' returned empty string

Is there any other obvious way to install those packages? I can find an "core fonts" when I click "install software" for the bottle, but for example no IE6 (will 8 do?)... so i tried the winetricks...

Please help!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY1B1YTkyY0FRYkhCZFRlTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9