Adobe Acrobat Reader 6 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Printing...
Anonymous

Hello,

does printing work with Acrobat Reader 6?

It doesn't with version 5.

Regards:

ufechner

Yes I got it working, here's what I did:

1. the problem:
    ... is that the acrobat reader somehow misdetects the postscript level of any .ppd file, no matter what is set in the .ppd file itself and then creates an error message within the postscript output stream (try it yourself, click on "save as file" instead of printing a PDF document, open the file and see the error message).

2. my very dirty workaround, but it works for me(tm):

• create a file ~/.cxoffice/dotwine/psheader.txt that contains exactly the line below:
      --------CUT--------
      %!PS-Adobe-3.0
      --------CUT--------
    • alter your ~/.cxoffice/dotwine/config to contain the following for the "KDE:" entry in the spooler section:
      --------CUT--------
      [spooler]
      "KDE:" = "|cat ~/.cxoffice/dotwine/psheader.txt - | kprinter --stdin"
      --------CUT--------

So what I basically do is to prepend a postscript header to the stream and now my printers (PS-native and PCL-native) are happy most of the time 😊

The same thing could of course also be done for LPT-like entries.

happy hacking!

Very nice!
Thanks for the post.

Mike

I never had problems with printing using the Linux version of Acrobat Reader 5.0.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTFRKWGY2TlhBZWhQcFZOcSIsImdkcHIiOjB9