Adobe Acrobat Reader 6 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

DRM

Has anyone gotten Adobe 6 to register and read DRM files.
That is the only reason I want adobe 6.

best regards

Dalton

Dalton,

Acrobat remains a really tough one for us. I remain convinced
that Adobe is going to release a first rate, native Linux version
of Acrobat 'Real Soon Now(TM)'. Given that, it has always seemed
wrong for us to put any energy into supporting the Windows
version.

But I sure wish Adobe would hurry up and make good on that...

(I think they're getting close, they're in beta with version 7
I understand).

Cheers,

Jer

I've put the beta on my webserver:
http://haar.student.utwente.nl/~julius/AdobeReader_enu-7.0.0-0.beta1.i386.rpm

Hopefully it will be usefull.

I have had a chance to test the beta, but, unfortunately, it does not support DRM.
I have alot of DRM pdfs and I really want to dump windows.
I don't care if I need wine to run reader 6 or 7 or whatever, as long as I can open the pdfs that I have paid for.

I would hope that the reasons that 6 does not support DRM under crossover would be addressed as a general bug support fix item.

best regards

Dalton

It's just too bad version 7 for linux doesnt run on AMD64-based systems. that's the main reason i hope codeweaver supports it.

Oh. You make a good point (I run an amd64 system myself).

Hmm... I'll have to rethink this a bit. I may try to beat up some guys
over at Adobe to fix that oversite, too.

Jer

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZXgyeXBkdTRWS1V1cnd6dSIsImdkcHIiOjB9