Adobe Acrobat Reader 6 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Acrobat Reader 6.01
Anonymous

Application installs, requires simulated reboot to appear in the Windows Applications menu. The splash screen image is not visible, but the text portion of the splash screen is. Once inside, opening the preferences dialog box seems to lock the application, requiring a force quit. The dialog to open a file works, but the file never appears, requiring a force quit. Setting the file association to 'Enabled' allows the Reader to launch, but does not complete opening the file, requiring a force quit.

On CentOS 4.3 (a RHEL 4.3 Clone) using Crossover Office 6.0.0, an install of Acrobat Reader 6.0 worked fine into a Win2000 bottle, with the exception of a few cosmetic issues - text overlapping, and a few minor display issues. The file that I used was:

AdbeRdr60.exe and was 15.9MB in size. It was included on the Sage Line 50 v12 CD.

Application works fine if run from the command line:

/opt/cxoffice/bin/wine /home/me/.cxoffice/default/drive_c/Program\ Files/Adobe/Acrobat\ 6.0/Reader/AcroRd32.exe

and then pdf documents can be opened quite happily. A few display issues where application icons and index graphics are not displayed or appear as a black area, possibly because I don't have all the necessary graphical libraries installed. Otherwise display was good.

Printing was problematic - Couldn't get it to work to either of my colour printers, but my HP Laserjet printed fine (although obviously in black and white).

Overall, very useable for me. Probably a bronze or silver in the workability stakes:

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/medals

although CodeWeavers don't support it, so it shouldn't get more than an 'honourable mention'.

Information courtesy of http://www.anothermouse.com

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTXNLeHk2NGZ3R3JOSEtQNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9