Adobe Acrobat Reader 6 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

install failures & crash

cxoffice 2.1.0, Redhat 9.0
install acrobat reader 6.0.1 full, select Windows 2000 in install options
=> acrobat configures for install, starts install shield
=> install shield dies, cxsetup thinks install is done

install acrobat reader 6.0.1 (not full version), select Windows 2000
=> install configures, install shield starts, tries to download "instmsiw.exe" from Adobe's website => download fails

install acrobat reader 6.0.1 full, select Windows 98 or Windows ME in install options
=> installs ok
set windows version to 98 or ME in AppDefaults, run AcroRd32 => display messed up
set windows version to 2k or XP in AppDefaults, run AcroRd32
=> runs, can open pdf
click search button => wine crash, priviledged instruction in 32 bit code at
AcroRd32.exe.EntryPoint+0x126554

What's the magic spell to get this to work?

Thanks,
Jeff

For me it works as described in tips and tricks, I'm running Fedora Core 1.

One idea: Do you have Internet Explorer 6 installed? I think it might be required for Acrobat Reader to work.

I have Office XP & IE 6 installed before I tries read 6.01

Naren

That should read -

I had Office XP & IE 6 installed before I tried reader 6.01

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSEtMWWV6OFFFOUdYVG54OSIsImdkcHIiOjB9