Age Of Mythology: Titans Expansion Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Online Play

Is it possible to have online play with this game? I get "Cannot Connect to ESO" when I try to play online

Also get this error. Hope someone can help...

Hi,

Do you have Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 redistributable installed into
the same bottle? If not, give that a try and see if it helps...

Cheers!

Hi,

thanks for the quick response. The Problem was the Internet Explorer. You need to Install the Internet Explorer 7 into the same bottle because ESO using it to connect or something like this. Hope it helps.

(Sry for my bad english. Germam here :) )

Markus prütting wrote:

Hi,

thanks for the quick response. The Problem was the Internet
Explorer. You need to Install the Internet Explorer 7 into the same
bottle because ESO using it to connect or something like this. Hope
it helps.

(Sry for my bad english. Germam here :) )

Good catch! A lot of work has been done on the HTML engine in mainstream wine
that enabled some other titles to work (that also use the ieframe component
no doubt), and I'm pretty hopeful some of these improvements will make their
way into the next (COG-9.0) release -- such may remove the dependency for IE7
in the future, but for now it's good to know of this workaround.

Thanks for the feedback..

Cheers!

Hi
So this thread is a bit old but I have the same problem

I switched back to cog 8.1.4 and AOMT works great with Mac OS 10.6.2

But I still can't connect to ESO, so I tried to install Windows Explorer 7 in the bottle juste like you said but i get an error saying this version is not compatible. I'm using à win 2000 bottle

Should I install it in an XP Bottle?

Thanks in advance

JR

Okay, so my problem is different from any of the others I saw above. I saw the advice on installing Internet Explorer, and was able to get a different error message than "Cannot Connect to ESO." Instead, I got, "There is an updated version of Age of Mythology that is required to play" when I tried to connect to Titans, and when I tried to get on Age of Mythology (vanilla), I succeeded, but then got an error about not having the same game version as the host's for every game I tried to join. Hmm... D: This is very frustrating because I do not want to partition my drive and erase all my files (as well as buy a copy of Windows) yet I am trying to help run a clan (and I love this game).

And @reus, I used a win xp bottle.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS2MydFhrVzZTNmFNdndCeSIsImdkcHIiOjB9