I've managed with some help to run game under Wine in OS X 10.6.1. But it is impossible to run it in CXG due to very old Wine code used in it. Guys from Codeveavers please, stay at newest source because I don't know for what you make people pay...
To run it through Wine you must install it first. You may compile it by your own or use MacPorts. I prefer second way because it is one-click install.
- Install from here MacPorts.
- Install from here Porticus.
- Open Porticus and install wine-devel and winetricks.
3a. If you are using Snow Leopard and encounter problems installing wine you must install all of its dependencies one after one checking +universal option.
- Open terminal and write into it:
winetricks dotnet20 winetricks vcrun2005 winetricks d3dx9
- Now open Finder click Shift+CMD+G and go to:
- Copy here your whole NCSoft folder with Aion installed from Windows installation (ie. Parallels/Bootcamp/VMware).
- Download from here newest unpacked AION.bin (in file ie. 18.104.22.168.rar), unrar it and put its content into NCSoft/Aion/bin32 folder.
- Now run game from the Terminal by:
EU: wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/NCSoft/AionEU/bin32/aion.exe -ip:22.214.171.124 -port:2106 -cc:2 -noauthgg -lang:enu -noweb US: wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/NCSoft/Aion/bin32/aion.exe -ip:126.96.36.199 -port:2106 -cc:1 -noauthgg -lang:enu -noweb
9. If this doesn't run you have to do only one more thing: 9a. In terminal write: ```sudo pico /etc/launchd.conf``` and add there a line: ```limit maxfiles 8192``` 9b. Save files and reboot to make changes go in effects. Confirm if it works by writing into terminal: ```ulimit -n``` It should show you 8192. Now run game with commends from step 8. More tips on running Aion under Wine you will find on its wine [AppDB](http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=17877) page.