Anarchy Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Working correctly in Crossover 12

The raw patch is not needed anymore, because now it is in stock Crossover 12. The game movement is fixed correctly.

Testing with a clean Winxp bottle, I used an installation of game in other partition... but at the moment everything is working.

Only three things:
-Very heavy loading time.

-Many lags when dynamical loading of distant(and not distant too), objects in-game happens, at least with a stock clean bottle, because I tried another one with DirectX runtime and It seems the lags do not happen. Just had to choose "Wine dx7 HAL T&L" on graph.card setup.

-Sometimes at the login screen I have to Alt-tab and return to game to get focus inside the password box (the keyboard was not working), but I think it is window-manager related to my setup...

At the moment I'm giving it a silver medal because the performance, but It's playable.

I'm now just trying AO in Crossover 12. After running the Launcher, the screen is completely black.

Is this what you mean by very heavy loading time?

Should I wait longer?

Not really... The big delay is after I choose a character and enter in the game, while the green logo is showing, and lasts 1 minute or 2 in my case... But the launcher starts "fast" into the "choose character" screen...

Your black screen seems a problem with your drivers or graphics card, or compiz... Could you tell me what's your card? At the moment it is working ok on Nvidia, maybe ATI, and probably not working or very slow on Intel Graphics...

It will help if people could confirm what cards are working and what cards have problems, and the distro they are running.

Regards.

Crossover 12 Mac OS 10.6.8
MacBook Pro circa 2010
Using the integrated NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

Ivans Chou wrote:

After running the Launcher, the screen is completely black.

Try enabling the experimental Mac Driver (Manage Bottles > Advanced tab).

OR in winecfg uncheck "Allow the window manager to control the windows" (Manage Bottles >
Control Panel tab > Wine Configuration > Graphics tab).

Using the experimental mac driver works. Thanks. I thought it was enabled by default under Crossover 12.

Thanks again for pointing it out.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVzVoUFlXUVdWYVF2Q0NGdCIsImdkcHIiOjB9