Anarchy Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Patch 18.4 - Game does not work anymore

Hello all.

With the new patch 18.4, Funcom have implanted a new shop using http://www.khrona.com/products/awesomium/

Anyone know how to fix it, so Anarchy Online will work with Crossover again?

Thanks.

Hm, I'd like to have a sollution too.
I love this game!

Give the workaround I just posted to the "tips & tricks" section a whirl. It works for me, and at least allows you to play (though there's still a problem with mouse look).

Workaround credits go to Neo-Vortex at the AODevs board (http://aodevs.com/index.php/topic,852.0.html).

The awesomium problem was fixed on Wine. Wait to the next cxgames release for this...in 10.0.0 the game is not working (you get a black screen).

And at this moment (Wine 1.3.15) the mouse raw movement is not implemented yet, there is a patch to get it working at least in this game... but without it, the game is not very playable.

10.1.0 - The game is not working yet (black screen or crash maybe due to lack of awesomium support).

In last Wine version I tested (1.3.19), the game works ok but unplayable due to the lack of camera movement (right-click the mouse and moving), then it seems will take some time to fix.

I didn't test unofficial wine patches about raw input for mouse support.

Anarchy Online has been working in Wine 1.3.19 and on (with off and on regressions). The next version of Wine (1.3.36) should contain the fix for the latest regression that causes AO to crash every time you zone.

Due to the lack of "proper" handling of "RawInput" mouse events, no version of Wine or Crossover will work correctly for handling the mouse-look and mouse-steer. There have been many different patches for different games that enable RawInput. The main problem is that no one has been able to come up with a single fix that works for all games and is also not a messy code hack.

The patch that I've been using to get AO mouse-look/steer working in the latest version of Wine can be downloaded here: http://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=33905&action=diff

For AO to work in CrossOver Games, CodeWeavers will need to bump up to one of the "non-regression" versions of Wine (1.3.19-1.3.26; 1.3.28-1.3.33, 1.3.36-) AND have some means of handling RawInput mouse/keyboard events. CodeWeaver's policy is to never pull in one-off patches, so until someone has a proper implementation of RawInput in Wine, mouse-look/steer will not work in CrossOver.

It is rather unfortunate, but since CodeWeavers took the jump from Wine's stable tree to the developmental tree, it jumped over the stable release (1.2.23) that would have enabled AO to mostly work (with the exception of the mouse-look/steer problem -- which still needs a patch for Wine 1.2.23).

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTjNDOVZYdW1wYkp2bXR1OCIsImdkcHIiOjB9