Anno 1404: Dawn of Discovery Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Anyone try installing it since TAGES has been dropped?

I see from the Steam forums on this game that TAGES has been removed as of the latest patch. It seems possible that this development might help Dawn of Discovery work under CrossOver. Has anyone tried it yet?

Hi it works really well in 8.1.3 except for making an online profile where it then crashes (for me)

So I'm assuming that the actual Steam version doesn't work becaus it still has TAGES where as the DVD version no longer does with the patch?

I really like Anno 1701 and under CXG it plays great. I'd love to get Anno 1404 working just as good via Steam.

Hi
could you download it with steam then download the latest patch from the annos website
http://anno.uk.ubi.com/pc/downloads.php#patchs
or does the steam version not let you install this patch?

Alex

Unfortunately Steam doesn't allow for outside patching that I'm aware of. The Steam version is on sale for $25 for the holidays so it would make a great buy but with TAGES still active in that version it's not worth it. I'll hunt around for a good priced DVD version.

One question about the 1.1 patch for the DVD version, do you need the DVD in the drive to play with the TAGES removed?

the disk is not required when tages has been removed :)

Alex

Good to know, thank you!

I can't get it to work at all. The game will install, but when I attempt to run the patch, it tells me I do not have the game installed, then it quits.

Hi

What bottle have you used and what version of anno 1404 (dvd or steam)?

Thanks

Alex

Never mind. I reinstalled it in a new bottle, but this time allowed it to launch the game at the end of the install. The auto updater kicked in and took care of it. It runs just fine now, but pretty slow. I'm currently experimenting with graphics settings to see if I can get it playable on my Macbook Pro.

I'm able to play the game pretty well on a MacBook Pro3,1. 2.2Ghz 4GB Ram 128MB nv8600mGT.

I use medium texture settings, everything else low or off and 1680x1050 res with an external monitor. I'm happy with the performance and the video quality. I could probably get away with turning up some other settings as well. The only time it appears to really slow down is during in game video sequences. It just crawls during those so I just hit ESC to cancel them.

1 to 11 of 11

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSHJhUzhGQnNjVTVBZ3NLTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9