Anno 1404: Dawn of Discovery Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Post-installation instructions (C4P file)

Graphics: Nvidia 9400M

Advise to use the GOG.com version which is DRM free.

This CrossTie will install Anno 1404.
After installation download the updates 1.1 and 1.2 manually and install them (autopatching gives an error about admin rights).
Then run the game. It will probably give a DirectX error.
After that, go to managed bottles --> select the bottle where the game is installed in --> advanced tab --> browse c:
Then navigate to: c:/ --> users --> crossover --> application data --> ubisoft --> anno1404 --> config --> engine.ini
Check and change the file, and make sure the settings below are set this way:

[i]<InitFile><ScreenXSize>1024</ScreenXSize>
<ScreenYSize>768</ScreenYSize>
<ScreenDepth>32</ScreenDepth>
<ScreenFormat>0</ScreenFormat>
<RefreshRate>0</RefreshRate>
<AspectRatio>0.000000</AspectRatio>
<ResizableWindow>1</ResizableWindow>
<NoWindowFrame>1</NoWindowFrame>[/i]

After change save the file. You should be set to go :)

Important: wait a little while before clicking "ok" when the directx error appears,
otherwise the engine.ini file will not be there (i at least had that problem).

Have fun!

Works great. no problems here
OSX 10.8.5
Crossover 13.0.1

Please rank the game to gold please :) You can do that clicking on the medal.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNms1WHNySGdIQ01GRXh2NiIsImdkcHIiOjB9