Anno 1602 A.D. Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

cannot install

How to install these? I constantly gave me the error: "the installation is not complete, do you want to cancel?" and when I Click NO, it keeps poping up the same dialogbox

is the same for me
i got it this way to work:
Install Software
DCOM98 (dont know if this is necesary but it works 😉 )
then on the sam Bottle Anno 1602
waited until the error massage (ignore it!)
select Install Software from the menu and clicked the button Force Installation Complete (something like that)
select Manage Bottles, got to Bottle tab an click button Quit Bottle (to quit the installer) maybe you have to press Force Quite as well
then go to the folder where you installed Anno 1602 (Advanced tab, Open C:Drive in Finder), there should be a folder ANNO1602 with about 56MB delete this and copy the same folder from the installation CD.
now you can start the gabe with 1602.exe

There are Windows XP installers for this game and the expansion. They worked for me the last time I installed this game.

The On-cd installers are broken, they fail on non-Win9x windows versions.

I have Gold Edition CD, and I cant install it to.
I tried Win98, 2000 and XP. No error messages, after I selecting to install from CD, it shows me what setup is loading, for a few seconds, wan it reaches 100%, CrossOver finalizes installation.
Any ideas how to install this game?

As Stefan already said, there are special installers for non-9x-Windows. The aformentioned installer for the "normal" game won't install the Gold Edition - you have to use that particular one.
You'll find those at http://anno.de.ubi.com/downloads.php#updates (sorry, I've got the german version only).

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNFVjQmtUTEd6QzQzRVBIRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9