Anno 2070 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

This is how I got Anno 2070 to work (installed via Steam)

Greetings from Finland.

I'm running Deepin Linux 12.06 64bit (same as Ubuntu 12.04). I purchased and installed Anno 2070 from Steam. Steam is installed in clean Wine bottle and Wine is version 1.5.15 (CrossOver version is 12.1.0).

Download and install Anno from Steam same way as you would do in Windows.

When Anno is downloaded and installed go to your CrossOver gui, select tab Control Panel and open Wine Configuration. Then add new override for library msvcrt40 (native,builtin).

Now restart Steam and click Play Anno 2070. Now Anno Autopatcher will open and you may see error message about version.txt, just ignore it and press enter. (If you don't see any error messages you will see Play button...click it ;) ) Now Uplay will open (in my computer this takes about 2min for some reason, just be patient) and perform self-update. When update is finished you can login with your Uplay account or you can create new one. When Uplay starts first time your friends list will be blocking the view, restart Uplay and friends list should disappear. Now just click Play button and Anno should start loading (this also takes looong time).

Sometimes when game is loading Uplay crashes suddenly and you will see Program Error window, just don't click the Close button and the game should continue loading normaly.

If you want to Alt+Tab from Anno just configure Anno to windowed mode and it should work.

Hope this helps someone :)

I tried all this and it didn't work for me :/

I'm using it via disk and it steam though and I'm on a mac. Any advice?

I think the recent Uplay update broke everything... (I'm not sure if it was UbisoftGameLauncher update or Uplay update) It's so stupid, game itself works but Uplay which is required to start the game doesn't.

I'll try to find a way to get things working again :)

I got Anno 2070 running again but it was pretty bad hassle.

I had to install windows copy of Steam via winetricks and install Anno again from steam. Then I had to copy crypt32.dll from Windows XP (I have XP running in Virtualbox, if you don't have access to Win XP copy check "Note 1" at the end of this post) and paste it in winetricks steam prefix ~/.local/share/wineprefixes/steam/drive_c/windows/system32/.
Also "winetricks prefix=steam msasn1" was required. (make sure you install it in the correct prefix!)
Then I started Anno from Steam (which was installed via winetricks) and Autopatcher patched the installation. Also Uplay updated without any problems. If Anno autopatcher fails try adding winhttp (native,builtin) to your winecfg.
For some reason Uplay failed to start after the update but in the end we want our Anno to launch from Crossover bottle so this isn't a big problem at this point.

Then I copied folders "~/.local/share/wineprefixes/steam/drive_c/Program Files/Steam" and "~/.local/share/wineprefixes/steam/drive_c/Program Files/Ubisoft" and pasted them into Crossover Anno prefix/bottle. I also copied crypt32.dll and msasn1.dll from winetricks prefix to crossover prefix.
In Crossover Anno bottle I removed crypt32 (native,builtin) Library from Default Settings and added crypt32 (native,builtin), msasn1.dll (native,builtin) and winhttp (native,builtin) to Uplay.exe only.
Anno doesn't start from Steam (Uplay.exe crashes) but I can get it to launch with Run Command->Anno5.exe (<- Anno5.exe is in C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Anno 2070/Anno5.exe)

This is how I got Anno 2070 to work in Arch Linux x86_64 after Uplay update probably broke something. I don't know does this work in Mac OSx or not. If the game fails to launch please paste Debug log to your post. (In crossover Run Command -> Anno5.exe -> and check "Create log file" under Debug Options)

Note 1:
I think winetricks is also able to install the correct version of crypt32.dll, but I'm not 100% sure about that. If you try to install crypt32.dll via winetricks make sure it downloads Windows XP related package and not Windows Server 2003 package. (I think the correct .exe file is something like WindowsXPsp2.exe)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ2t0czN2eEcySjg4TEVtdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9