Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

White Screen, Lock up, CX11.2 Mac

Hey, just wondering if anyone has any ideas what may be going wrong with my install of arcanum. Ive installed the latest download from GOG, installed the high res patch and the town maps (also tried the unofficial patch), ive run with -no3d -doublebuffer and all i get is a white screen and then crossover locking up.

everything installed correctly?

seems to me like something didn´t work as it should have.

anyway what kind of OS are you using? linux or Mac?

yeah everything installed ok. im on osx 10.8.2 with an early 2011 macbook pro 15" 2.2

hm, sounds really weird....

its not the mac book pro, as those have a real video card. maybe its the system version? I don´t have mountain lion so I can´t look into that.

The best chance you might have in getting this to run is, deinstalling everything and than creating a completely new bottle with WinXP.
Than you have to try the whole thing step by step. That means, first install just the game and nothing else. Try running this. If that works, progressively install the fan-patches, high-res patch (which didn´t work that well with me - so you might have to be careful with this one). Try running the game after each sperate installation, so you can narrow the error down.

Also don´t forget to put the -doublebuffer -no3d tag in the "run" command. If you want to know how that works, step by step, click here:

https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=4196;forum=1;msg=126862

Avarchillion

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZGttYWJQUWN4MkhRVk1VZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9