I noticed that there have been occasional requests for info on getting Arcanum working, and I just wanted to share how I got it running from an install folder that I moved to my Mac. I installed it into an existing win98 bottle that had IE6 installed to it already. What I did:
1. Get a working install of Arcanum on a real or virtual PC. My install was from the original CD, then patch 188.8.131.52, then the unofficial patch found here:
2. Copy the entire Sierra folder from your C:\Program Files folder to your machine running Crossover.
3. Place the copied Sierra folder in ~/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/win98/drive_c/Program Files
4. Start Crossover and select Programs > Run Command and then click "Browse"
5. Browse to the Sierra folder, then the Arcanum folder, and then select Arcanum.exe. After the part enclosed in quotes, type (without the quotes!) "-no3d -doublebuffer"
6. Click the "Save command to programs menu" button. You could try running it now (I did), but it didn't fully work for me yet. After the movies, when you get the initial menu, click in the window in order to get the cursor working (this took a few tries) and then click "Exit game".
7. Back in Crossover, go to Configure > Manage Bottles and go to the Control Panel tab. Select winecfg and click the "Launch selected item" button.
8. [EDIT: I think this step may not be necessary, try first without it] In the control panel, click the "Libraries" tab. One at a time, type in the following library names followed by clicking the "Add" button:
Then click "OK".
9. You should have a program called "Arcanum" under the Crossover "Programs" menu from step 6. Launching it should work. I haven't played very far into the game so you might encounter bugs, but at least after a few minutes play it appeared to me that everything was functioning. You might need to increase your OS X mouse tracking speed in order to have fast enough mouse movement over the low-res window the game is played in.
Remaining issues: game performance isn't great due to running without 3D acceleration and save games take ages to load. It would be useful to find a way to do the install directly into Crossover if I get the time.
Best of luck!