Assassin's Creed Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Won't complete install

Hi everyone,

Installing Assassin's Creed from the DVD (Director's Cut Edition) with Crossover 11.3.1 on Ubuntu Quantal, it gets as far as the menu screen, then nothing happens when I click install (I can get to the readme, so the screen isn't completely dead). Anyone else encounter this?

Robin Turner wrote:

Hi everyone,

Installing Assassin's Creed from the DVD (Director's Cut Edition)
with Crossover 11.3.1 on Ubuntu Quantal, it gets as far as the menu
screen, then nothing happens when I click install (I can get to the
readme, so the screen isn't completely dead). Anyone else encounter
this?

Confirmed with Crossover 12.1.2 on Mac (a 15" MacBook Pro i7 with OS X 10.8.2) as well. Like Robin, I get the menu, can click ReadMe and/or Register but Install does not work at all. The line/button shifts colour so it registers the click but nothing happens, even after a couple of minutes. And this is the Director's Cut Edition as well. As the MacBook Pro has dual graphics cards, I made sure the NVIDIA card was active, just to be on the safe side.

Encountered the same issue installing what seems to be a regular edition of the game on OSX 10.7.5, using crossover 11.2.0.26218. Any idea what's causing it and what to do?

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like what you need to do is install from the setup.exe file instead of the autorun on the disc. Of course, crossover froze up after I finished the installation, but it's one step closer...

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSzhLOFFISHJ3WVRjc0tUWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9