Assassin's Creed Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

face problem :D

I have weird problem. The game itself runs and works well, but at the beginning scene there are no faces any of the chars I can see. But when I see the doctor and the woman outside the machine, their faces are like they should.

I could be wrong, but I think this has to do with the graphics settings, because I had the same issue, I just assumed it was because my settings were all on low. Can I ask what they are set at for you?

I am pretty sure that they are all as high as possible. I could check later.

I debugged assasin creed before posting this and I found some error that says

fixme:d3d:debug_d3dformat Unrecognized 0x42563252 (as fourcc: R2VB) WINED3DFORMAT!
fixme:d3d:wined3d_get_format Can't find format unrecognized (0x42563252) in the format lookup table

Also there was an error I cant find anymore, maybe I cut it out of the debug log when I googled the error.
It basically said in english that there was an error, which may effect game experience.

It was graphic card related. And I errors I found from google told that some textures were missing and they had the similar line on debug messages.

I retry the game to see what graphic settings I had. 1920x1080 and everything highest possible, vsync off. I cant set multisampling at all. I quess the game thinks I dont have hardware for it.

I upgraded crossover to the latest, 1.7.13 wine. Still the face issue. Didnt try to lower settings.

No you did not. You upgraded Wine to version 1.7.13. Crossover uses its own build of wine, which at this time is still based on version 1.7.4.

How do you know that? Shouldnt it print out 1.7.14 then? Any ideas what's causing the face issue? Or how to to fix?

Print it where?

silviu@pangolin:~$ ./cxoffice/bin/wineserver --version
wine-1.7.4-7221-g3caaffd

How exactly did you "upgrade"? Did you install one of the nightly builds of CrossOver perhaps?

As for the issue itself, I have not seen this during the CX13 beta cycle. So it may be something in CX 13.1 or something specific to your setups.

How do you have newer version?
I installed latest nightbuild.

./cxoffice/bin/wineserver --version
wine-1.7.13-6943-g6158368

wine configuration --> about
shows version

Ugh, dude version 1.7.4 is older than 1.7.13.

Lol, I thought I had older version. I imagined the 1 there where it wasnt. :D

So I do have the latest nightbuild, which does use newer wine.

i restarted the creed and got debug of it. I tried once to set graphics to the lowest avaiable, didnt fix the issue but I saw that the main char had correct face, the women doesnt.

err:winediag:shader_generate_glsl_declarations The hardware does not support enough uniform components to run this shader, it may not render correctly.

I think this might be the issue.

fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
fixme:gameux:GameExplorerImpl_VerifyAccess (0x138a98, L"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Assassins Creed\AssassinsCreed_Dx9.exe", 0x33f7a8)
fixme:dinput:IDirectInputDevice2WImpl_GetProperty DIPROP_VIDPID not implemented
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x2a1e488,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8.
fixme:d3d:debug_d3dformat Unrecognized 0x42563252 (as fourcc: R2VB) WINED3DFORMAT!
fixme:d3d:wined3d_get_format Can't find format unrecognized (0x42563252) in the format lookup table

fixme:dsound:IDirectSoundBufferImpl_AcquireResources (0x30f2d98,00000000,0,(nil)): stub, faking success

These are basically the lines I see.

fixme:dsound:IDirectSoundBufferImpl_AcquireResources (0x30f2d98,00000000,0,(nil)): stub, faking success

These 2 lines are spammed a lot, the later might be a bit different than I posted, but I see a lot IDirectSound lines
Sounds arent an issue. Or haven't been.

Are you able to set multisampling?

Could you post your system specs, OS version and video driver version if applicable?

You could try to disable GLSL but the game might not run at all since you're running on an ATI/AMD card. Set this registry key and see how it goes:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D]
"UseGLSL"="disabled"

I sent crossover an email about this.

Used ninja's email add.

Kubuntu 14.04, ati 7870, beta 14.1 driver
4 core processor, 3400mhz stock speed, 8 gigabytes of ram, kde

glxinfo
http://pastebin.com/407CXdR3

Silviu Cojocaru wrote:

Could you post your system specs, OS version and video driver
version if applicable?

You could try to disable GLSL but the game might not run at all
since you're running on an ATI/AMD card. Set this registry key and
see how it goes:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D]
"UseGLSL"="disabled"

I cant set that disabled, the screen goes blank I can hear the sounds. But this just doesnt work.

Well, I've just installed this and it's all fine. No missing faces on the doctor or his assistant. Guess it's only something that happens of AMD GPUs.

I agree.

It can be amd drivers too...

But I think this isnt hard to solve.

You think that based on what exactly?

If you google for err:winediag:shader_generate_glsl_declarations you will see threads about inadequacies of the AMD drivers, free or proprietary. The issues are not unique to Linux either:

http://portingteam.com/topic/9158-amd-shaders-broken-in-final-fantasy-xiv/

Silviu Cojocaru wrote:

Well, I've just installed this and it's all fine. No missing faces
on the doctor or his assistant. Guess it's only something that
happens of AMD GPUs.

I have a Radeon 5870, and it's basically flawless. Only slight issue is that the game prints gamepad buttons starting at 0, so when it says stuff like "press button 2" I have to remember it actually means button 3....

1 to 18 of 18

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTUt5enhnTGVXV1M0WDlXZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9