Assassin's Creed Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Assassin's Creed: Director's cut (PC- GoG) finally working under MacOS 10.11.6

Paris (U.E.), le 13/08/2017

Hi all

I had purchased a copy of «Assassin's Creed: Director's cut» (PC- GoG) and had run into problems running it under MacOS 10.11.6 (the last OS my venerable machine is able tot run). Thanks to Paul the Tall's help and a CrossOver licence, I finally was able to have it run. This is how I did it:
  • use the English version of the game (I had no luck with the French version, though it may be that this is irrelevant and that an update to CrossOver was the determining factor)

• install using the "Unlisted Software" flavour, with a MS-Windows 7 bottle.

• in CrossOver, open the bottle, and use the "Run Command" program, browse to the chosen executable ("AssassinsCreed_Dx9.exe"), and click on the "Run" button

It should however be noted that on a 9&1/2 years old computer, the cinematic works fine, but the interaction in the game is simply not worth it (hardware upgrade urgently needed!). As well, I have not been able to make a launcher work (yet…).

Hope that helps

Hubert Holin

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSEJHcjlmWEh3eTVtZmFOYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9