Assassin's Creed Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How to fix the graphic bug?

I have just installed Assassins Creed and the intro looks awesome. :D
Way better graphic than on my PC.
The Graphic Options is set to max. (Parentese = my old PC)
Shadows: 3/3 (1/3)
Resolution: 1440x900/native (1440x900/native – later I set it to 1024x768)
Graphic Quality: 4/4 (3/4)
Level of Details: 4/4 (2/4)

So my Macbook Pro (Unibody, late 2008) is better than the old PC.

But still, it looks like CrossOver isn’t working perfectly with this game (the reason for the bronze medal).
There are some major graphic bugs. The overlay/tips are shown great (as is the menu) but in-game it’s awful. :(

So are there any of the CrossOver-experts that can give me a tip on how to make it a little more usable? :)

The best regards,
– Johan

// EDIT:
I have created the necc. keys etc. in Regedit and applied according to “Tips & Tricks” :)

The thing that annoy me the most is that Wine should run it without any problems (Gold).

I know, i know.

But they have made patches for wine what does't work for Crossover. Besides that, Crossover 8 hasn't the newest (1.25 (juli) instead of 1.31) version of wine. So yeah, i agree, not all the games which runs in wine runs in Crossover. Besides that, not al users rate it gold. Many of them rate it also silver or garbage or bronze.

I also had the same problem as you, and also that it was unbearable slow. Something what maybe in future releases get fixed.

Sad to hear. :(

I know AC2 isn’t released yet but what would the odds be for CrossOver supporting it? (It’s being released in November)

If you somehow get to know a fix – please let me hear from you. :)

It depends what kind of engine and programming is involved. But when its out i will give it a try. I will let you know. And of course if i find out a fix for this i let you know.

I'm having the same problem. The graphics are really messed up. The game is unplayable. I'm running a MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz with 4 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT. I did all the recommended registry changes and copied the required DLL, no dice.

Menus look great, videos look great, but anything that requires 3D rendering is horrendous. Tested with latest 8.1.3 CrossOver Games under Snow Leopard 10.6.2.

EDIT:
It's funny, because some guy's managed to use cider to get the graphics looking good, but they have sound skip problems that break the game (also, you can't hear dialogue). The sound works fine in this version for me, but not graphics. Perhaps you should talk to the cider guy? Or are the technologies so different that it won't help at all? Link to the cider distribution: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=143366&st=60

I've got a problem, when I launch assassins creed a message appears and tell me to insert the cd, but the cd is already in. Can someone help me?

Linux:

Try setting the wine configuration to read cd0/cd1 for the optical disk drive.
If not, see if you can actually see the cd and double check that it is mounted properly (i.e, reboot without disk, insert cd, wait for disk icon to appear on desktop...)

Mac:

I have little experience in mac, but try ejecting the disk and reinserting

Any platform:

Use a disk checking app such as Nero 8 on a windows PC, and make sure there are no unreadable sectors. I have a halo disk that installs, but won't accept the disk because the file it wants is corrupted.

If all fails, try a NoCD patch. It's not illegal if you actually own the game (ie you have a valid license)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVTRtbkd2Z0pRWUJ2RUxNbiIsImdkcHIiOjB9