Assassin's Creed Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crash after intro

Ok so I installed everything which went fine until the Detection app crashed, but the game still installed so I didn't worry too much about it.

So I started the game and the intro pops up and plays all the way through looking amazing. (My mind is going "OMG YES!")

Then I get to this white screen which I assume is supposed to be the menu, but immediately as the white screen comes into being I get an error message saying "The program AssassinsCreed_Dx9.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I uninstalled and reinstalled several times but with no luck, I also installed with Steam, the only difference is that I now have an icon for Assassins Creed while I didn't before.

Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated.

Can you describe your system some? I gather you use a Mac; what kind? What kind of GPU does it have? What version of Mac OS X are you running?

If Assassin's Creed takes command-line launch options, and if some of those select a reduced graphics mode (like DirectX 8.x), you might try enter those into the properties dialog for the game in Steam. Similarly, if it has a config file with video settings, you can try editing it to turn video settings down.

You can try experimenting with the "useGLSL" registry setting. Run Command "regedit"; navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/AppDefaults/AssassinsCreed_Dx9.exe/Direct3D, creating keys as you go with Edit > New > Key; create a new string value with Edit > New > String Value; name it "useGLSL" (without the quotes); experiment with the values "enabled" and "disabled" (without the quotes).

I have 3 year old Macbook running Snow Leopard. It has an Intel GMA 950 graphics card.

I believe the game can only run on DirectX9 or 10 as these are the two files at the top of the game folder in the bottle, but I will give it a try anyway to see what happens.

Hmm. That Intel GMA 950 is probably at the center of the problem. First, that card doesn't meet the game's requirements even on Windows. Second, the Mac drivers for that card have been deemed crap by our 3D graphics programming guys.

The useGLSL thing is still worth a try, but I suspect you just won't have any luck with it.

As you have said that didn't really do anything at all haha

Thank you for the assist. (Needs to get rid of this crap)

I downloaded the game from steam and am having the same problem but my machine gets the game all the way to the loading screen after the video but in the middle of loading the game i recieve the same error message as David (The program AssassinsCreed_Dx9.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience) i also tried setting all the graphics to the lowest settings but am not having any luck.

Hi,

I have the same problem of a total game crash after the movie sequence in the beginning
on a brand new mac book pro with 2.4 Ghz and
a NVIDIA GeForce 320M.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Hey!

I think I have the same problem, kinda, although I can actually get into the menu after the movie sequence that is shown in the beginning. I got to make a profile, but then when I try choosing the "new game" option it crashes after a bit of loading, and the error-message appears.

Does anyone know how to get further?

I'm using a new MacBook (unibody) with Mac OS X 10.6.4, 2GB RAM, 2,4 GHz and NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics card.

Thanks in advance!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNlE1NWt0WlY2VXVrVVk5dCIsImdkcHIiOjB9