AudibleManager Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Your input

Hi all,

I will be tying to find methods to make Audible.com's software at least passably usable under Crossover/wine.

So far, I can install Audible Manager without a problem. It runs with problems and occaisionally hangs. I have a kludge for downloading content (see Tips & Tricks) which can probably be polished up a bit. CD writer is not recognized and probably won't be under the Wine environment (for now). So, while Media Player and Audible Player work, a workaround will need to be found to burn content to CD. I will be experimenting with moving the content to the Pocket PC or Palm environment and installing appropriate players.

So, I see the goals here as Downloading content, burning to CD, and exporting to Pocket PC or Palm.

Let me know what else you would like to be able to do with this application and any success you may have had.

Mike

Version 3.5 (and I am sure v4) works with the same cosmetic problems as before but at least now I get the downloaded files in my inbox. :) BTW, this is with the 3.1 beta. So watch for this to be repaired. :) I will keep you posted on progress.

One last note for those using Audible and iTunes, the iTunes connector appears to be working and sending the files into iTunes.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVk5XaG0yWHNydjVTWUJVayIsImdkcHIiOjB9